Dear Eugenia For December 17, 2017

Dear Eugenia: My life is a mess. My wife has suffered 10 years of serious illness. The last three, I have cared for her 24/7. Recently, no longer able to deal with the situation, I put her in a home. No help financially has resulted in me going broke.

Next chapter of my life: I had a girlfriend -- I know, but I needed companionship. Anyway, she broke my heart. Every day I read both her horoscope and mine. She continually gets five stars while I get two or three. She is a Libra, born on Oct. 11, 1964, and I am a Scorpio, born on Nov. 15, 1958, at 9 a.m.

I don't know if I will ever meet another love again. It's all I hope for, but I refuse to settle out of desperation. My house is falling apart. My son ran like a coward, nowhere to be found. To top it off, I am broke and trying to maintain a normal lifestyle. Please tell me why this has happened to me and what I should expect in the future before I decide to give up on life, love and happiness. -- Scorpio

Dear Scorpio: Don't feel guilty. I'm sure your wife would give you her blessing. The gift of life must not be wasted. Your dedication to her is commendable and nothing short of what you would expect from a Scorpio.

The past five years have been difficult, with this part being probably the worst in your entire life. You have been experiencing your second Saturn return, and because of where it's located, your chart indicates not only depression but also difficulties with personal relationships. It has been a make-it-or-break-it period for you and your wife, as well as for you and your companion. This is currently coming to an end.

The comparison with your Libra woman was not great, however -- not because of Libra characteristics but because of the huge Virgo Sagittarius influence in her chart. Don't dwell on the loss when you should be moving into the future. She served a purpose in your life, and that was to convince you that you could in fact love again. Now it's time to move on and find new loves.

Next year, your chart is in a high cycle with regard to love and romance. It can bring people from your past back into your life as well as bring new and exciting relationships and encounters your way. You match up to the signs Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.

Regarding finances, it's important for you to budget wisely, avoid impulsive financial decisions and live moderately over the upcoming year.

Dear Eugenia: I am going through a bad financial period. I have lost my job and I'm not getting anywhere in life. I have too much debt and not enough disposable cash.

I applied for a loan, and some people took money in the name of processing and I never got the loan and lost the fee I provided. I don't know what to do. I am so lost and broke that I am not able to pay my rent. Will this period ever end and will I ever get a job so that I can begin again? I was born on Feb. 5, 1990, at 11:45 a.m. -- Lost

Dear Lost: Part of your problem this past year has been due to a transit that has been indicative of poor judgment with regard to handling your financial affairs. It's a hard lesson and not one that is uncommon with young adults.

The next two years are learning years for you, so now it's up to you to turn things around. You should be considering picking up new skills through educational pursuits, apprenticeships or using the attributes you already have in a different way.

This may appear to be a long time to you at this stage of your life, but it's just a blink when it comes to your entire life. If you put in the effort, I assure you the time will come to reap the rewards. Your chart indicates that you should be working within the travel, educational or communication fields or considering your own business. But first you must spend the next two years preparing and working toward reaching your goals.

Dear Eugenia: Ever since my husband and I separated, I can't seem to make progress in any part of my life. My children live far away, and I'm trying to restart my life but I just can't.

I've tried to get back with my ex, but it didn't work out. I used to work so hard for what I wanted and now it feels like I have nothing left to fight for. I was born on July 21, 1978, at 7:35 a.m. -- Cancer

Dear Cancer: Motivation isn't easy to find when you are down and out. Granted, astrologically it hasn't been the best couple of years for you, but it is time to turn things around as your chart begins to rid itself of the lessons you've been experiencing.

With regard to finding new meaning, love and romance, you have just begun a positive cycle, so if you are sitting at home and sulking, it's time to shake it off and get out and participate in life.

Getting together with people from your past or participating in activities you enjoy will help you move forward. Each step you take will help to revive your desire to change your life. Stop living in the past and embrace new beginnings, and you will find happiness.

You are the master of your destiny, so stop sitting idle and do your part to make things happen.

(To submit astrological questions to the "Dear Eugenia" column, visit Eugenialast.com, or join Eugenia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.)

More like Dear Eugenia